Be an Advisor
By Joining the Career Advisor Network (iCAN) will be a great opportunity to get connected with the AASTMT students and Alumni and help them as they navigate their job search or career self-discovery.
Who can be a Career Advisor?
- Any faculty, employer, professional, alumna/us or parent can participate in the Career Advisor Network (iCAN) to volunteer their valuable experiences, knowledge, and time to share. No matter what their job title or company.
What do I have to do as a Career Advisor?
- Be willing to share your valuable knowledge and experiences. Occasionally someone may reach out to you to ask your advice on a certain topic or to hear about your experiences and perspectives. Provide feedback; someone may want to practice their interviewing with you, or want you to review their resume.
As an advisor, you can:
- Import your profile information from LinkedIn, if desired
- Indicate typical times of availability for advising calls
- Accept or decline any specific request.
- Ask the student or the advisee to prepare specific information or questions in advance.
- Select if you would like to offer career conversations, resume critiques, and/or mock interviews
- Contact the Career Development Center (CDC) if you have additional feedback about specific advisees beyond the advice you give directly to the advisee
Please Connect to apply