It is never too early to start planning your career success.
The Career Development Center (CDC) is here to assist you from your first day on campus at AASTMT to your graduation and beyond. Our services and programs, which begin as soon as you arrive on campus, are designed to help you pursue your goals. CDC provides a wide variety of services and resources to help you during every step of your career development process. This includes choosing a major, assistance with your internship or job search, planning for graduate school, resume and cover letter help, connecting with professionals, employers, and, alumni! If you need help getting started,
The Career Development Center (CDC) seeks to educate students in all phases of their career development process with the tools necessary to make rewarding and pleasing career decisions to develop and transition successfully in a diverse and global society.
CDC provides skill building and networking opportunities for students to engage in lifelong professional development. CDC builds relationships with employers and provides support for faculty and parents as we partner in the career development success of their students.
Students who make use of the Career Development Center will be able to successfully:
- Identify their strengths and interests and match these to a well-matched career path.
- Exploring potential majors and careers
- Resume development and critiques
- Interview skills
- Planning and conducting an internship or full-time job search
- Develop realistic career and professional goals.
- Explore life and career options through a variety of options.
- Learn and utilize competitive job search skills to secure a meaningful position.
- Build and sustain professional relationships and networks
- Translate acquired knowledge to employment skills or graduate school success.
- Selecting and applying to graduate school.
We also provide a variety of events including trainings, workshops, panels, career fairs, and more designed to enhance your skills and make you responsive of the professional opportunities that exist in your area of interest.
Please, stop by CDC office during our Drop-In Hours (10:00 am – 9:00 p.m.) on weekdays), or contact us at (03) 4254319 – 4252058 – 468756 EXT: 3216 or visit www.cdc.aast.edu to schedule an appointment with one of our team.