AASTMT provides services to meet your organization’s professional full-time employment and internship staffing needs. Our outstanding students may be recruited through a variety of means and our dedicated staff will work with you to determine the best recruiting methods for your organization.
List full-time, part-time or internship positions for free on our online job and internship search portal Handshake. Recruit both undergraduate and graduate students by specific class years and majors.
- Hiring interns
The CDC offers employers many opportunities to engage students through internships, and we are happy to help you organize and/or promote your internships to our students. Whether you are interested in offering paid or unpaid internships, our Employer Relations Team can help you recruit at AASTMT.
- AASTMT students are working hard to develop the knowledge base they need to intern at your organization in a variety of capacities.
- Our undergraduate and graduate programs help students develop well-rounded skill-sets that can be employed in day-to-day duties in all organizational departments.
Why employers should offer internships
By offering internships to AASTMT students, you are supporting the next generation of professionals. Internships are an excellent addition to your organization, as they give you the chance to:
- Find potential future employees who are motivated to succeed
- Increase team productivity
- Gain new perspectives from a diverse student demographic
- Enhance the visibility of your organization on campus and in the community
Internship Value to Students
The opportunity to learn applicable skills and gain valuable professional experience is vital to AASTMT students. Employers can play a vital role in the development of students by mentoring them and sharing vital knowledge about what is necessary to succeed in life after college.
Employers who attend our career fairs are the best known by AASTMT students. These centralized events are a great opportunity to promote internships and full-time jobs while making face-to-face connections. A general Job and Internship Fair is held each semester.
- Interview on Campus
Employers can request and manage on-campus interviews through Handshake Our Employer relations team will promote your opportunity, provide résumés, schedule interviews and reserve a private interview room in our employer interview suite at no cost.
- How it works:
- Your organization and position are posted on Handshake. Employer relations establishes a deadline date by which interested students must apply online.
2. After the deadline passes, you view, print, and prescreen candidate resumes, make candidate selections and forward those names to Employer Services via telephone Call, fax or email.
3. Employer relations establishes interview schedules, notifies students of selection, and assists students in scheduling interviews times on Handshake.
- Make the most of your visit to campus
Employers can schedule an Information Session as a preliminary way to introduce your organization and opportunities to AASTMT students. To find more information please contact, or Employer services team.
- Host an information session/professional development workshop
To maximize the effectiveness of information sessions and addressing issues such as low student attendance and employer travel costs, information sessions will only be offered for a select period of days during the semester. Sessions may only be scheduled based on room availability and only one information session may be hosted at a time.
How to request an information session?
- Login to
- Click on “Events”.
- Select “Request Event.”
- Under type, choose “Info Session.”
- Fill out the remaining pieces of information in the form and click on “Request Event.”
- Browse through student/Alumni resumes
View student résumés in Handshake and connect with students who fit your recruiting criteria.
- Participate in CDC Programs
The Career Development Center (CDC) values and invites outside organizations to assist us in student career development programs, such as Mock Interviews, résumé reviews, interviewing, job search and networking. Contact us at email@example.com if interested.