Setting Your Goals
Once you’ve made a thorough self-assessment and have more knowledge about your own interests and values as they relate to majors, it’s time to make a decision about your major and career aspirations. At this stage it will be important to understand how you will evaluate your exploration experiences and how you will make your decision, including narrowing down career and major options. This can be difficult since there may still be many unknowns and a fear of making the wrong choice. CDC has a wide variety of services and resources designed to support you to set and refine your career goals and strategy, make your career and life plan.
Through the following steps:
- Making Decisions: Identify Career Options
- What career options fit your interests, personality, skills and values self-information?
- What career options fit your occupational research information?
- Making Decisions: Weigh the Pros and Cons
- What do you like about the identified career options?
- What do you not like about the identified career options?
- Making Decisions: Take a Decision
- What major or program are you going to choose?
- What career are you going to choose?
- Making Decisions: Develop S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- What are your major or program S.M.A.R.T. goals?
- What are your career M.A.R.T goals?
- Making Decisions: Take Action
- Declare a major!
- Explore internship or employment opportunities!
Some critical questions to ask yourself may include:
- Have I fully considered, to the best of my ability, all of my interests, values and skills?
- Have I gathered enough information to make an informed and comfortable decision?
- How much and what kind of information do I need to make my decision?
- What questions do I still have that will help me make my decision?
For more information please contact CDC office:
Telephone: (03) 4254319 – 4252058 – 468756 EXT: 3216
Mobile / Whatsapp: 01102020126
Address: Wabour El Mayah, behind Bab Sharki, Moharram Bey, Alexandria
Office working hours: Sunday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Friday, Saturday 2:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.